Thank you for visiting the official web site of 8 piece Ska, Funk and Reggae band - New Groove Formation!
After 6 years of relentless gigging, New Groove Formation have qualified as one of the UK's most entertaining and energetic live acts on the underground festival and club circuit.
NGF have supported old school legends like, Bad Manners, Neville Staples, The Beat and Ska Ville UKalongside more recent and up and coming bands such as the Dead 60s, Imperial Leisure and more recently The Levellers, Dreadzone, Zion Train and the Free Stylers. They have graced… Read More
- 03rd August 2013 - Standon Calling in Standon, Hertfordshire
- 09th August 2013 - Farmer Phil's Festival in Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- 10th August 2013 - Boomtown Fair
- 31st August 2013 - Wilkestock in Hertfordshire
- April 30th 2013: Great Review From JosieJo - "Let's cheer you all up. New Groove Formation are an upbeat, energetic 8 piece that oscillate a stage like there are a hundred of them up there. They bounce and groove, swing and spring through their sound making you think of festivals and sunshine and all round goodness. They have a sort of ska, funk, reggae thing going on, …
- October 14th 2012: Oxjam bedford - Well this was another crazy day for New Groove massive. Wednesdays are always a little tough for gig night because unfortunately we all have to work. So headlining a show after a 10 hour day means we have to dig deep and pull it out of the bag. But we were playing for a really good cause Oxjam, which runs for the whole of October …
- September 03rd 2012: Wilkestock - I think it was safe to say everyone was looking forward to this gig. This was our 3rd year back playing at Wilkestock and it was promised to be bigger and better. We were headlining playing at 10pm, so a nice long wait until we get to do our thing.... spreading the love! Its a good size stage at Wilkestock. Which is quite nice …
- August 27th 2012: Festibelly - What an amazing finish to a very cool weekend of gigs Festibelly in Lymington near the New Forest. We were playing for the Autumn Shifts crew. This is the second festival this session we have had the pleasure of playing for them and both gigs were awesome. We were on about 8pm so the colour in the sky was just starting to change …
- August 26th 2012: Mr Wolfs Bristol - Well what a night last absolutely smashed it down at Mr Wolfs in bristol all I can say is oooww oooww oooooooooowwwwwwwwww. We have wanted to get in Mr Wolfs for a while to whip up a storm and man it was raining.... sweat from the celling from the mental skankers,jumpers and groovers. We were all pretty excited to play at Mr Wolfs …
- More News